APM UCD-220, Procedure 2
In this Policy
Appointment and Promotion
Section 220, Academic Senate Review and Advancement
Procedure 2, Deferral Request
1. Prepares brief letter explaining the reason for requesting deferral, indicating that chair and candidate have discussed the deferral and that the individual is aware of what needs to be done to advance further.
2. Provides copy of departmental letter to candidate.
3. Reviews materials; signs Candidate's Disclosure Certificate.
4. May submit written comments for submission with file.
|Department chair||5. Forwards deferral materials to dean.|
6. Takes one of the following actions:
7. Forwards deferral materials to Vice Provost--Academic Personnel for inclusion in candidate's personnel file.
1. Prepares brief, informative letter that explains and justifies reason for requesting deferral.
2. Prepares, with candidate, a plan for progress.
3. Prepares up-to-date Teaching, Advising, and Curricular Development Record that covers entire period since last advancement.
4. Obtains updated publication list (Exhibit C).
5. Provides written summary of departmental letter to candidate; allows candidate to inspect non-confidential materials to be forwarded to dean.
6. Signs Candidate's Disclosure Certificate.
7. May submit written comments with file.
|Department chair||8. Forwards deferral materials to dean.|
|Dean||9. Reviews file; signs concurrence, or prepares cover letter with dean's comments to Vice Provost--Academic Personnel.|
|Vice Provost--Academic Personnel||10. Reviews deferral materials and submits to the Oversight Subcommittee of the Committee on Academic Personnel (CAP).|
11. Reviews deferral materials.
12. Makes recommendation for final disposition of deferral request to Vice Provost--Academic Personnel.
|Vice Provost--Academic Personnel|
13. Takes one of the following actions related to final disposition of deferral: