About the APM
In this Section
The Academic Personnel Manual (APM) includes Universitywide policies and UC Davis policies and procedures. Universitywide policies are developed and issued by the UC Office of the President (UCOP); the section numbers for Universitywide policies are preceded by "APM." The UC Davis policies and procedures are developed by the Office of the Vice Provost--Academic Affairs and used in concert with applicable UC policies or, in some instances, as stand-alone policies not specific to a particular UC policy. Section numbers for UC Davis policies and procedures are preceded by "UCD."
- General University Policy Regarding Academic Appointees (Sections 005 to 191)
- Appointment and Promotion (Sections 200 to 420; UCD Appendices II-A. II-B, II-C)
- Recruitment (Sections 500 to 570; UCD Appendix III-A)
- Salary Administration (Sections 600 to 690; UCD Appendix IV-A)
- Benefits and Privileges (Sections 700 to 760)
The APM is a public document. The online version of the Universitywide policies, maintained by UCOP, is available at http://www.ucop.edu/acadpersonnel/apm/. The online version of the UCD policies and procedures is maintained by the Offices of the Chancellor and Provost. The online and paper version of the APM are available in the Peter J. Shields Library and the Blaisdell Medical Library. Electronic and paper copies are also available in vice chancellors' and deans' offices.
Questions regarding academic personnel policies and procedures should be directed to the Office of the Vice Provost--Academic Affairs, http://academicpersonnel.ucdavis.edu or (530) 752-2072.